Our puppy classes are uniquely designed to take advantage of your puppy’s developmental periods. These classes use our open registration format that allows you to start as soon as there’s an opening in class. Then you can continue for as long as you need to meet your training goals. Both classes allow off leash socialization opportunities with other puppies so your puppy can learn or build on good social play skills.
Puppy Kindergarten (for puppies 8-14 weeks on first day of class)
- Attendance at the Just For You Behavior and Training 101 seminar.
- First vaccination for DHPP (Distemper & Parvo) at least 10 days prior to start date. Bordatella required beginning January 1, 2020. Vaccination must be administered by a veterinarian or puppy must have a well-puppy exam by a veterinarian prior to start date.
- Age 8 to 14 weeks on the first day of class
- The Foundation of Basic Training
Contact the officeif the date you wish to start is not available when you click the Sign-Up button from the class registration link. It’s so important to get young puppies into Puppy Kindergarten class before the optimal socialization window closes, that we’ll work to get your puppy in class as soon as possible.
Puppy Elementary (puppies 14-19 weeks on first day of class)
$125 for 5 week training pass – Only available to graduates of the Puppy Kindergarten class
Book Recommendation: Perfect Puppy in 7 Days. Perfect Puppy in 7 Days. Social, Civil, and Savvy: Training & Socializing Puppies.
- Only puppies who have completed our Puppy Kindergarten class are eligible for Puppy Elementary class. Puppies who have not completed Puppy Kindergarten should enroll in Foundation Manners.
- Vaccinations for DHPP (Distemper & Parvo), Rabies required. Bordatella required beginning January 1, 2020
- Age 14 to 19 weeks on the first day of class
- Appropriate play with other puppies
We proudly offer the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Award system in Puppy Elementary! In this class, puppies not only continue their socialization to new dogs and people, but begin the AKC S.T.A.R Puppy curriculum as well. They learn to be comfortable with handling and grooming and with brief separation from their owners. We also introduce more advanced training such as Walking on a Leash, Sit and Down, and Come When Called. At the end of 5 classes, all puppies have the opportunity to earn the S.T.A.R. Puppy Award provided by the American Kennel Club (AKC). Click here for more information on the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Certification.
Students are automatically enrolled in this class once graduating from Puppy Kindergarten. Contact the office if you have questions about enrollment in this class.