Below are some commonly asked questions. Please contact us if you have any questions we have not answered.
What classes do you offer for dogs with special needs (such as fearfulness or aggressive behavior)?
Not all dogs are ready for group classes. In beginner-level classes, every attempt will be made to help owners work through behavior problems their dogs might have. However, some dogs have issues which need to be addressed before they join group class.
- Excessive barking
- Excessive fearfulness
- Uncontrollable behavior
What is your refund policy?
To help support our clients and students, refunds are given on an individual client basis. Refunds are pro-rated based on the number of weeks remaining on a student’s training pass, minus a 10% administrative fee.
Do you offer any discounts?
How do I make up a class in the open registration classes?
Are children allowed in class?
We encourage families to attend class together and welcome children who like training their dogs! However, because of their quick movements and louder voices, children can sometimes startle dogs. For safety reasons, children younger than 5 are not allowed in class. If a younger child must come to class, we ask you to remember the following:
- Children should stay with you at all times; moving around the room on their own can be distracting to dogs and people.
- Most of class is spent practicing training skills, but there are times when the instructor will be talking. Please consider bringing quiet activities for your children during the “talk” time in class if they have difficulty listening quietly.
- Although we only allow dogs in adult classes who can be around people, all adult dogs have not been around children. Your child should approach/pet other dogs only when supervised by the instructor in Foundation Manners classes.
- In Puppy Classes, children can play a helpful role in helping socialize puppies. But to make the experience a positive one for everyone, the interaction needs be supervised. Your instructors will give specific directions, which we would expect you to help your child follow.
- If your child struggles with sitting quietly, please remove your child from class.
Adults must accompany students younger than 18.
Class cancellation due to weather?
All class cancellations will be posted on our website by 1:00 pm on the day of class, during inclement please remember the check the site before you head to class.
Returning to classes after a break?
If you’ve attended a Behavior and Training 101 seminar within the last 2 years, you’re not required to attend again. Students are welcome to take the seminar as a refresher. However, students who have attended a seminar more than 2 years ago are required to attend again. Fees are waived for students repeating the seminar after 2 years or more, or taking it as a refresher course.
What are the club’s vaccination requirements?
Proof of vaccinations must be provided prior to starting your dog in class. Click here to read our vaccination requirements.
What training methods do you use in your classes?
We use reward-based, force-free training methods. We incorporate a special marker, usually a “clicker,” to increase the rate of learning for your dog. For more information on the benefits of our training please click here.